Value Chain Boundaries
Our management approach
Added value to the company
Our sustainability strategy favors open, direct, and transparent relations that allow us to identify and manage risks and opportunities. This ensures a broader vision for decision-making, thus complying with the value promises set forth in the policy and fulfilling the expectations of our stakeholders.
Added value to society
102-43 Our vision goes beyond economic, social and environmental responsibility and includes shared value generation for all our stakeholders in order to address common challenges through strategic alliances.
Corporate Marketing Committee
Regional suppliers Managers and Directors
Legal and Institutional Affaires VP
Talent and Organizational Architecture VP
Investor Relations Department
Community Engagement Department
- Code of Good Governance
- Code of Conduct
- Procurement Manual
- Environmental Policy
- Talent Policy
- Human Rights Policy
- Diversity and Gender Equality Policy
102-42 At Argos we identify our stakeholders based on the following five criteria proposed by the AA1000SES standard:
those who depend on our activities, products or services or on whom we depend to continue operating.
those to whom we have or might have a commercial, legal, operational, or ethical responsibility.
those who need our immediate attention on financial, economic, social, or environmental issues.
those who could generate an impact on strategy
those who bring new perspectives to specific situations or help identify new opportunities that would otherwise go unnoticed or unrecognized.
We increased our stakeholder participation by 9.9% in the Dialogues for Sustainability sessions and we held our first session with strategic investors.
- During Sustainability Week, we launched I Promise Health and Safety Management System, with active assistance of 3,939 participants, 28% more than in 2015, including communities, suppliers and employees.
- We strengthened our relationship with our suppliers through the “Growing Together” Award which recognizes sustainability and innovation best practices. In 2016, 14 suppliers from the CCA and Colombia regions were awarded.
- We conducted a training program for Public Forces on Human Rights, in the Colombian Region.
- We reviewed the corporate methodology for mapping local stakeholders and piloted it in Cartagena, Colombia.
- To design a stakeholder plan specifically oriented to enhancing sustainability practices through new and existing engagement mechanisms.
- To continue incorporating the results from the stakeholder engagement mechanisms into the sustainability strategy.
Attendance to the Dialogues for Sustainability
Attendance to Sustainability Week
- We will design a stakeholder engagement plan.
- We will review and upgrade the Sustainability Policy.
- We will review and upgrade Argos’ strategic stakeholders.
- We will focus sustainability dialogues on key local stakeholders and include for the first time suppliers and communities in the USA Region.