DEVELOPING OUR BUSINESS
Value Chain Boundaries
Our management approach
Added value to the company
Innovation is how the company maintains its competitive advantage and strengthens the value perceived by customers, shareholders, and employees. Through a long-term commitment to a structure and culture of innovation, we seek to develop leading products and services that satisfy changing and emerging customer needs. Also, innovation as a strategic priority for Argos merges with our core activities and enables processes to achieve industry cost leadership, new business models and more sustainable value proposition.
Added value to society
Our innovation program develops products, services, and processes that focus on unmet needs in the market, the well-being of our customers, the use of natural resources, and the strengthening of our supply chain and of the communities in which we produce and sell our products.
103-2 Initiatives, commitments, and policies
Sustainability, Environmental and Energy Policies.
Strategy-driven targets to achieve innovation outcomes.
R&D Technology Roadmaps.
R&D partnerships with domestic national and international academic institutions and government entities.
Chief Innovation Officer (CINO)
Regional Directors / Mentors
- We achieved 6% alternative fuel heat consumption substitution with used tires on line 2 of the Rioclaro plant in Colombia. The substitution on this line reached historic levels of nearly 11% between September and December.
- We increased the use of alternative raw materials.
- We launched the Emerging Business Opportunities (EBO) Program.
- We carried out five innovation challenges in our cement plants in several countries, including over 400 employees and resulting in more than 200 ideas with associated savings of over USD 4 million.
- Development of four new products: Advanced Concrete, Microcement, Roadbinder and Masonary Cement.
- To advance R&D milestones in the use of Supplementary Cementitous Materials (SCMs) to further reduce CO2 footprint and production costs.
- To focus in the Ideaxion model in order to strengthen our innovation culture and the quality of the ideas from all employees.
A-IN1 Total amount of innovation investment
In 2016 we invested over
dollars in innovation.
A-IN4 Amount of Savings derived from the implementation of innovation initiatives
A-IN3 Amount and % of income from innovation by regional
- We will increase our revenues attributed to innovation products and services, new channels/businesses, or new business models to 20%.
- We will achieve a 18% of heat generation from the use of alternative fuels.
- We will be able to use 7% of alternative materials in the production of cement and 3% in the production of concrete.
- We will fully develop and embed innovation culture throughout Argos’ geographical footprint.